Find and access recently published information and resources.
New BRANZ resources and publications
New evaluation method published
EM7 Performance of mid-rise cladding systems was published at the end of December. This evaluation method (EM7) represents a series of tests from AS/NZS 4284:2008 Testing of building facades, with specific nominated values for the performance levels.
Three new bulletins have been published:
- Removing paint coatings, BU633 (2019) - this bulletin replaces BU314;
- Finishing aluminium, BU634 (2019) - this bulletin replaces BU349;
- Bracing distribution, BU635 (2019).
Changes to Building Code, Standards and legislation
Acceptable solutions and verification methods amendments - 30 November
The following acceptable solutions and verification methods have been amended as at 30 November 2018:
- B1/VM1: referencing a new standard for designing composite steel-concrete structures and a new technical specification for durability for steel structures.
- B2/AS1: now includes durability requirements for steel structures and components.
- E2/VM1 and E2/AS1: amended to include extra high wind zones, and clarification of testing requirements for weathertightness performance of claddings.
- G12/VM1, G12/AS1 and G12/AS2: references amended standards for jointing of common stainless steel pipework.
- G13/AS1, G13/AS2, G13/AS3 and G13/VM2: references an amended standard relating to testing of drains and inclusion of vacuum drainage systems.
Transition information: The previous acceptable solutions and verification methods will continue to comply until 31 March 2019 inclusive.
For more information on these amendments, see BC Update 243 (30 November 2018).
Other news and publications
Ten new determinations published
Ten new determinations have been published on the Building Performance website - 2018/051 - 2018/060.